USFTECH template
Old 12-09-2013
U2 Original Member

Reason is a glorious beacon of lightReason is a glorious beacon of lightReason is a glorious beacon of lightReason is a glorious beacon of lightReason is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Reason Send a message via Yahoo to Reason
Default New Anime to look out for

What's going on ppls? I'm looking for some new Anime to check out. We have a top 3 anime thread, but I'm not looking for your top three as it'll most likely be stuff I've seen/ heard of before. I'm more curious about hearing about any interesting anime y'all have picked up semi recently. I can start it off with some of the ones I've seen that I thought were interesting. I'm thinking this could be like a recommended anime thread.

Valverave the Liberator
Unbreakable machine Doll
Hidan no Aria
Ga-Rei Zero
Fate Zero (much better than stay night imo because Shiro was a worthless protagonist but his old man is the Shit)
Lupin III a Woman called Fujiko Mine - haven't finised it yet, but its interesting
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Future Diary / Mirai Nikki
Mahouka Koukou no rettousei
Gangsta
God Eater
Shokugeki No Soma
Log Horizon
No Game No Life
Overlord

Suggested by Irish
Sword Art Online
Shingeki no Kyoujin(Attack on Titan)
Bakemonogatari, Kisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari
Kara No Kyoukai
Steins;Gate
The new Evangelion Movies 1.11, 2.22, 3.33

Last edited by Reason : 03-29-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-29-2013
Gryo Baller

xxIrish is a glorious beacon of lightxxIrish is a glorious beacon of lightxxIrish is a glorious beacon of lightxxIrish is a glorious beacon of lightxxIrish is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to xxIrish

Well, if I had to give you a list of things to watch, I would say:

Sword Art Online
Shingeki no Kyoujin(Attack on Titan)
Bakemonogatari, Kisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari(this one is a movie but still)
Kara No Kyoukai
Steins;Gate
The new Evangelion Movies 1.11, 2.22, 3.33

I mean I have a massive list, this is but a portion. Just let me know if you have any questions.
TB x Irish x (XBL)
IrishRyuzaki (PSN)
@IrishRyuzaki Twitter
Irish x Ryuzaki (League of Legends)
Old 12-29-2013
U2 Original Member

Reason is a glorious beacon of lightReason is a glorious beacon of lightReason is a glorious beacon of lightReason is a glorious beacon of lightReason is a glorious beacon of light

Sword Art Online - seen this one. Its pretty good
Shingeki no Kyoujin(Attack on Titan) - I started watching this one a while ago. Then I found the manga version and I've been reading it ever since. the manga was ahead of the anime so yea.

Bakemonogatari, Kisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari(this one is a movie but still)
Kara No Kyoukai - Never heard of these 2. I may see what they're about

Steins;Gate - I started watching this. Its definitely different, but didn't keep my attention after a couple of episodes.
The new Evangelion Movies 1.11, 2.22, 3.33 - I've never even seen Evangelion although I hear good things about it
Old 01-15-2014
U2 Original Member

Adding one more new anime to the list.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica

there's 2 reasons for my recommendation.
1st - Its funny
2nd - Titties (huge, uncensored boobage beginning in ep.1)

quick summary.

in this story there are people who travel to other worlds by means of some special gate and when they get there they gain some kind of special power which they get to keep once they manage to get back to their own world. These people with special powers are gathered together at a school once they return home to learn how to use their power to be good citizens for society blah blah basic BS there.

anyways the MC starts off in the other world having just killed the demon king of that world and become a Hero. The demon king tell him to take his daughter with him, and the MC agrees. so once they get back to his world he unwraps her from some kind of Bag (first glimpse at her Ginormous Titties) and he basically comes up with a story that she is his younger sister with amnesia for the Magic school place and pretty much goes through their "school life" routine from there.

I wouldn't call this series action packed, but there is some fighting spread about in it. and every girl that comes within a few yards of the mc mysteriously has all of her underwear removed which leads to a "Kyaaah" scream followed by said girls falling to their knees covering up their privates. Its pretty funny stuff at times...kinda drags a bit in the middle, and then the season ends with more questions than it answered.

Word to the wise...don't bother watching the OVAs or special episodes...
Old 01-29-2014
U2 Original Member

I know I'm probably a bit late to the party, but I just watched Future Diary a.k.a Mirai Nikki featuring the infamous Yuno Gasai last week and I have to say it was a very good watch. It starts off a little bit slow and the MC Yukiteru is about as wuss as they come, but he develops some as the series progresses and all the other characters are very interesting.

The premise is somewhat simple. The "god" of the world bestowed a "future diary" to 12 people. this typically takes the form of a phone and predicts the future of each user in different ways. The game being that all 12 people need to discover the other diary users and eliminate them with the last person standing becoming the new god. this pretty much leads to Yukiteru becoming the most targeted person. How he manages to survive this process...you'll have to read or watch it yourself for that.

Oh and near the end it kind of becomes a "total mind fuck" to quote someone else. crazy stuff happening in this one. Its definitely not lacking in the plot department

Last edited by Reason : 01-29-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-29-2016
U2 Original Member

How about a list of newer anime to check out. Here's some stuff I've watched recently. ANyone have their own suggesstions?

Mahouka Koukou no rettousei (The Irregular at magic high school) - 1st high's students are broken up into 2 groups. the "blooms" and the "weeds." The blooms get to rock the school emblem on their uniform and have the highest scores on the entrance exam. the weeds have lower scores on the entrance exam. this usually means they have lower magic potential or ability than the blooms. Our protagonist happens to be a weed, but he's so bad ass that he completely changes the system. The anime doesn't quite make it that far into the story, but it is still good.

Gangsta - kind of reminds me of black lagoon. it follows the adventures of 2 guys and a girl as they handle seemingly random events that happen in their city. One is a gigolo, and the other is deadly with a sword.

God Eater - kind of reminscent of chrome shelled regios, except far more hopeless. Aragami are an ever evolving existence that has brought humanity to the brink of extinction. a group of people called "God Eaters" are pretty much the only ones who have a fighing chance against most of these monsters. This story follows a new recruit who thinks he's trill, until he gets saved by a truly trill group of God eaters. We get to atch him join their ranks and grow, and learn more about the situation of the world they are in.

Shokugeki no Souma - This is all about food. Souma thinkis himself to be a great chef at his age and transfers to the most prestigious cooking school in the world to test and polish his skills. everything that happens after is excellence. you'll enjoy the creative food ideas, the foodgasms, and the rivalry among all the students in this school. Its awesome.

Log Horizon - an expansion pack comes out for a PC MMO and everyone who logs into the game after its release gets trapped in the game. However, its not just a game, as it seems that the NPCs are no longer just NPC, and the world doesn't have the restrictions of a game any longer.

No Game no Life - the protagonists are "Blank." a brother sister duo who are the greatest gamers in the world and have never lost a game. they get transported to a new world where everything is lost and won based on winning games. Humanity is on their last legs in this world losing games constantly to the other species. What kind of affect will Blank have in this world? It's very humourous finding out.

OverLord - Another "trapped in a game" anime that seems to be becoming a popular Genre. this time only one player is trapped in the game world that has become the real world. He spends his time trying to learn about the world, and spreading his guild's name in the hopes of finding some of his old buddies.